Friday, August 5 2022

The footage was released three days after Chinese state media released an alleged video of PLA soldiers sending Chinese New Year greetings from a location near the Galwan Valley region.

Photographs of Indian Army troops holding a large tricolor in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh as part of the New Year celebration were released on January 4 by sources in the establishment of security.

Also read: With recent overtures, India and China eye stability in relations after a year of tension

The photographs were also posted by Union Law and Justice Minister Kiren Rijiju on Twitter with the caption “Brave Indian Army soldiers in Galwan Valley on the occasion of #NewYear2022”. The footage was released three days after Chinese state media released an alleged video of PLA soldiers sending Chinese New Year greetings from a location near the Galwan Valley region.

In one of the photos, released by Indian security establishment sources, around 30 Indian soldiers were seen with the national flag.

Indian army soldiers pose for a photo with the national flag on New Year 2022, in Ladakh's Galwan Valley.

Indian army soldiers pose for a photo with the national flag on New Year 2022, in Ladakh’s Galwan Valley. | Photo credit: PTI

Another photo showed the group with four of them holding the national flag and another tricolor flying high on a mast adjacent to a temporary observation post.

The sources said the photographs were from January 1 in the Galwan Valley.

To read also: What explains the conflagration of the Indo-Chinese border?

Indian and Chinese troops exchanged sweets and greetings at 10 border points along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), including eastern Ladakh and northern Sikkim on January 1, which was considered as a warm gesture in the middle of the lingering row in eastern Ladakh. .

However, Chinese state media broadcast the hoisting of the country’s national flag by the Chinese PLA which appeared to be on its side from an area near the Galwan Valley.

Indian security establishment sources said that the site of Chinese soldiers celebrating the New Year is in a deep area on the Chinese side near the Galwan Valley region and is not at all close to the buffer zone created in the region following the deadly clashes on June 15.

Read also: The Hindu explains himself | Who owns the Galwan Valley?

The clash at Ladakh’s eastern border between Indian and Chinese military erupted on May 5, 2020, following a violent clash in the Pangong Lake areas.

Both sides have gradually reinforced their deployment by dispatching tens of thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weapons.

Following a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process last year on the northern and southern shores of Pangong Lake and in the Gogra area.

Each side currently has approximately 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the sensitive area.

Read also: There have been no shootings at the border since 1975

The 13th round of corps commander-level military talks in October ended in stalemate, with the Indian army saying the “constructive suggestions” it had made were not acceptable to the Chinese side.

During their virtual diplomatic talks on November 18, India and China agreed to hold the 14th round of military talks at an early date to achieve the goal of full disengagement from the remaining sticking points in the eastern part of the world. Ladakh.

It is learned that the Chinese side has not yet responded to the next round of military talks.

Previous

Inside Kendall Jenner's Devin Booker's New Years Celebration: Pics

Next

Burgaw Police investigate New Years heist at non-profit organization

Check Also