The Weekly Planner is a roundup of exciting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We searched the web for significant events in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Do you know which ones we missed? Tell us!
Tuesday, February 1
- Quiz Tuesdays — 7-9 p.m. at Audacious Aleworks Brewery & Taproom (110 E Fairfax Street) — Gather your team for a chance to win a $25 brewery gift certificate and more.
Wednesday February 2
- Sam Bush, Mike Marshall Edgar Meyer, George Meyer — 8 p.m. at The Barns (1635 Trap Road) to Wolf Trap — Bluegrass and classic musical acts merge in this special combination. Tickets start at $77. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The show repeats Thursday.
Thursday February 3
Friday February 4
- Answer, look forward — 7:30-9 p.m. at the McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Ave.) — Celebrate Black History Month with a panel discussion featuring the director and subjects of the virtual reality experience “Traveling While Black,” which examines how racism has limited the African Americans’ Movement. The event is free, but registration is required.
- Ana Popovic — 8 p.m. at The Barns (1635 Trap Road) to Wolf Trap — The Bluegrass guitarist shares her fiery style that graced the stage with BB King, Gary Clark Jr. and many more. Tickets start at $30. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday February 5
- Lunar New Year Celebration — 1-3pm at Fashion Court near Nordstrom’s at Tysons Corner Center (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — To celebrate the Lunar New Year on February 1, the mall is partnering with the Asian American Chamber of Commerce for this event, which will feature dance and music performances as well as prizes.
- Majorly Hits and The Mrs. — 8 p.m. at Capital One Hall (7750 Capital One Tower Road) — Months after the Tysons’ room announced his show, country music stalwart Clint Black (“Killin’ Time,” “Same Old Train,” “When I Said I Do”) and his wife, the singer and actress Lisa Hartman Black, make their debut. Tickets start at $39.50. Doors open at 7 p.m.
Sunday February 6
- The music school’s open mic — 12 p.m. at Jammin Java (227 Maple Avenue East) — Show off your skills at this Vienna venue. Free.